Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Grocery shopping trip - Week of July 26th - $418.19 for $102.99! Holy Cow!



I really made out during our Saturday, 7/26 shopping trip! Kroger had their "Mega-Event" and it was very, very mega! They had certain items on sale, and you could mix and match. Buy any 10 of these items and receive $5 off of that purchase. They are also having this sale the week of August 2nd. Here is a link to Kroger's sale ad for this week! This store ad is for the Kroger in my area (New Lexington, Ohio)...you may want to find the store ad for the Kroger in your area.

You could only have 3 of these deals for each shopping trip. I decided to take full advantage of these trips, so we made multiple trips! Since the deal is $5.00 off of 10 items, basically each item has an additional $0.50 off the coupon price!

Kroger Deal #1
  • 20 bags of Tidy Cats cat litter - normal price $2.00 each. These were on sale for $1.50 each. I bought 20 $1.00 off coupons off of eBay for $1.00 (for all 20). I got these for $0.50 each!
  • Betty Crocker cookie mixes - on sale for $1.50 each. I used a "Save $1.00 on 2 packages" coupon and got two packages for $2.00 (only $1.00 each!)
  • Bett Crocker Warm Delights bowl - on sale for $1.50 each. I had a bonus coupon (from www.shortcuts.com - these coupons load directly onto your Kroger card) for $0.50 and I also used a $0.55 manufacturer's coupon (Kroger doubled it to $1.10). I got this for FREE!
  • Betty Crocker frosting was on sale for $1.00. I had a $0.55 coupon fron www.coupons.com, so I got this frosting for only $0.45!
  • Daisy Lite Sour Cream (16 oz) was on sale for $1.00. I used a $0.50 manufacturer's coupon (which Kroger doubled to $1.00). I got this for FREE!
  • Cattlemen's BBQ sauce (18 oz) was on sale for $1.00. I used a $0.50 manufacturer's coupon (which Kroger doubled to $1.00). I got this for FREE!
  • Frank's Red Hot sauce (12 oz) was on sale for $1.00. I used 3 $0.50 manufacturer's coupons and got 3 of these for FREE! I gave my mother in law and aunt 2 of the bottles, since we don't use this very often. I use it in my cheese ball recipe! Yum-Yum!
  • Pupperoni dog snacks were on sale for $2.00. I used a $1.00 manufacturer's coupon and got these dog snacks for $1.00!
This deal should have been $57.50...with the mega-event deals and my coupons, I paid only $14.73!


Kroger Deal #2
  • Soft Scrub cleaners were on sale for $2.50 each. I used 3 $0.50 manufacturer's coupons (which Kroger doubled to $1.00) and got 3 bottles for only $3.00 - only $1.00 each!
  • Lysol Toilet Cling was on sale for $2.00 each. I used a $0.50 manufacturer's coupon (which Kroger doubled to $1.00) and got it for $0.50!
  • Lysol All-Purpose cleaners were on sale for $2.00 each. I used 6 $0.50 manufacturer's coupons (which Kroger doubled to $1.00 each). With the mega-event discount, I got each bottle for only $0.50 each!
  • Lysol toilet bowl cleaners were on sale for $2.00 each. I had 6 coupons, but I forgot to use them! Shame on me! However, with the mega-event discount, I still got them for $1.50 each ($9.00 for all 6...still a pretty good price!)
  • Pledge dust cleaner was on sale for $3.00 each. I used a Buy One get one Free coupon, a buy 2 get $2.00 off coupon as well as a $1.00 off coupon. After all of these, I got each bottle for only $1.00 each!
  • Hebrew National kosher hot dogs were on sale for $3.00 each. I used 4 $0.75 manufacturer's coupons (which Kroger doubled to $1.50!) and with the mega-event discount, I got 4 packages for only $4.00 (only $1.00 each)!
  • Ken's Ranch Salad Dressings (16 oz) were on sale for $2.00. I used a $0.50 manufacturer's coupon (which Kroger doubled) and with the mega-event savings, I paid only $0.50 for it!
  • Ken's Northern Italian Salad Dressings (16 oz) were on sale for $2.00. I used a $0.50 manufacturer's coupon (which Kroger doubled) and with the mega-event savings, I paid only $0.50 for it!
  • Mott's Applesauce (48 oz) was on sale for $2.50 and (gasp!) I had no coupon! :( Still, $2.50 for it isn't a bad deal!
  • Heinz Ketchup (32 oz) was on sale for $2.00 and (gasp! again!) I had no coupon! Again, the sale price wasn't and I needed Ketchup anyways!
  • Pillsbury Cake Mix was on sale for $0.94 and (gasp! again!) I had no coupon, again! Since it was for my hubby's birthday, I didn't think too much about the price, anyways!
  • Keebler Club crackers were on sale for $3.00, and once again, I had no coupon! But, my kids LOVE these crackers!
The total for all of these items would have been $71.94, however, I only paid $34.07 with coupons and the mega-event savings!


Kroger Deal #3
  • 20 bags of Tidy Cats cat litter - normal price $2.00 each. These were on sale for $1.50 each. I bought 20 $1.00 off coupons off of eBay for $1.00 (for all 20). I got these for $0.50 each! For this deal, I had a coupon from Kroger (loyal customer discount) for 15% off pet products, making this deal even cheaper than my first cat litter deal! I bought a total of 40 bags of cat litter for less than $20!
  • Lay's Cracker Crisps were on sale for $2.50 each bag. I used 4 $1.00 off manufacturer's coupons and with the mega-event discount, I got them each for $1.00!
  • Capri Suns were on sale for $2.00 each box. I used a "Save $1.00 when you purchase 2" coupon and with the mega-event discount, I got them $1.00 each!
  • Sargento mozzerella cheese was on sale for $2.00 bag and I had no coupon (gasp!), but this was still a good sale.
  • Tropicana Coastal Groves lemonades (Original, Raspberry & Peach) was on sale for $2.50 each. I used 3 $1.00 coupons and with the mega-event savings, I paid only $1.00 each for them!
The total of this order came up to $63.50, but with my coupons and mega-event discount, I paid only $17.45!


Kroger Deal #4
  • Lysol bathroom cleaners were on sale for $2.00. I used 6 $0.50 coupons (which Kroger doubled) on top of the mega-event discount and got them each for $0.50!
  • Lysol all-purpose cleaners were on sale for $2.00 and used 7 $0.50 coupons (which Kroger doubled) on top of the mega-event discount and got them each for $0.50!
  • Windex was on sale for $2.50 each bottle. I used a $0.40 coupon (which Kroger doubled) and a $0.75 coupon (which Kroger also doubled) and got them for a combined $1.70!
  • Ego waffles were on sale for $2.00 each box. I got one box (gasp! - had no coupon!). Still this was an alright deal.
  • 3 more bags of cat litter! I had 3 $1.00 coupons from the SmartSource insert in the newspaper and on top of the mega-event savings, I got them each for $0.50 each!
  • Tyson boxed chicken tenders and patties were on sale for $2.50 each. I used 5 "Save $1.00 when you buy two) coupons and after the mega-event discount, I paid only $15.00 for 10 boxes! The kids love the chicken tenders!

Trip to Meijer
  • Meijer had a "Buy select 10 items and get the 11th item free. These select items could be mixed and matched, so you did not have to buy 10 of each item, which made it very convenient!
  • Betty Crocker Warm Delights bowls were on sale for $1.00 each. I used 3 $0.50 coupons (which Meijer doubled) and a $0.55 coupon (which Meijer also doubled) and got 4 bowls for FREE!
  • Colgate toothpaste was on sale for $1.00 each. I had 2 $0.75 coupons (which Meijer doubled) and 2 $0.50 coupons (which Meijer also doubled) and got all 4 for FREE!
  • Veal was on sale for $1.00 each package. I had no coupons, but this was still one heck of a deal!
  • Garnier Fructis shampoo & conditioner were on sale for $2.50 each and I used 2 $1.00 coupons and got a bottle of each for only $1.50!
The total of my Meijer trip came up to $15.99 but with the store discount from the sale and my coupons, I paid only $6.21!

All in all, last week's shopping trip was very successful. With Kroger having the same sale this week, you could also do well with coupons, etc!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! I always love finding a GREAT deal. I think it is a stay-at-home mom's drug. What is your main source of info? I use several different sites. My latest problems have been that my Target no longer accepts their own web coupons and my kroger only douples 50 cent q's. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for the tips!!

Jackie K said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement and for taking the time to read my blog. Within the last couple of months I have been addicited to coupons. What is really nice is that I don't even buy a newspaper. I get all of my coupons from my mother-in-law (which she does cut out some coupons, but since she pays for her papers she has the right:0), my mother (she never cuts out coupons), and a lady my husband works with. What has really helped me and what is my main source of info is moneysavingmom.com. I have been reading this blog for a few months, and it has really helped me to use coupons the right way. I am sorry to hear about your Kroger that is a bummer. Our Kroger doubles coupons up to $.99 coupons. Thanks again for taking the time to read my blog:)